Childhood Development Guide Resources
If you have questions or concerns about your child’s development or their abilities compared to other children their age, check out the resources below for more information and if you have additional concerns or questions please contact our Special Education Director Ruth Miller.
Development Guidelines for Communication
Development Guidelines for Vision
Information for Families
- Ansers4Families When there is someone in your family with special needs, you may find yourself looking for answers. Answers4Familes.r is Nebraska’s support and information connection for families and professionals seeking assistance
- Early Learning Childhood Partnership Brochure & Website
- Healthychildren.org The American Academy of Pediatrics (APA) has a website which was created to provide reliable, up-to-date information on child health and parenting issues. It also provides information on the APA’s Many programs, activities, policies, guidelines, and publications.
- InfantSEE A public health program that is designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an essential part of infant wellness care to improve a child’s quality of life. Under this program, participating optometrists provide a comprehensive infant eye assessment between 6 to 12 months of age as a no-cost public service.
- Nebraska Foundation for Children’s Vision The foundation seeks to ensure that every child entering school in Nebraska is visually ready to learn through expanding the SEE TO LEARN program in Nebraska.
- Nebraska Respite Program Created by the Nebraska legislature through the department of Health & Human Services. The purpose of the Nebraska Respite Network is to provide a statewide system for the coordination of respite resources that serves all ages (across all lifespan.)
- Nebraska Resource and Referral System (NRRS) The Nebraska Resource and Referral System Direct Service Database contains information about community agencies and organizations that provide services to Nebraskans. This website is a valuable tool, connecting Nebraskans to the services and resources they need via the internet. The NRRS content staff continuously reviews the site for accuracy and timeliness.
Nebraska State Immunization Information System “NESIIS”
NESIIS is a secure, web-based system that allows health care providers to keep track of immunizations. Click on the picture above to view your child’s immunizations!