Planning Region Team 8 is a group of parents, agency representatives, child care providers, special education providers, and school district representatives who work together to:
- Discuss issues of regional concern related to services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
- Make recommendations and provide feedback to local agencies regarding the provision of early development serves in the 7 counties and 19 school districts within Planning Region Team 8.
- Identify the potential lead agency to provide systems support for the region.
- Work with the Early Development Network Services Coordinators to identify gaps and duplications of resources in the region.
- Identify the training and technical assistance needs in the region for parents, family members, child care providers, and special education service providers and their administrators to help them identify children, infants, and toddlers with disabilities and to help them meet their developmental needs.
- Identify the resources that may be share or developed in the region to meet the needs of children and their families.
- Work on Child Find and public awareness to identify infants and toddlers with disabilities.
Planning Region Team 8 meets at least 6 times each year. The meeting dates and times are listed below and additional information regarding Agendas and minutes can be found by clicking on the individual meeting if applicable.